Effective: July 24, 2021
Last Modified: July 24, 2021
- Information that Viinko Collects
Viinko provides a platform designed to help students build strong time management skills and productive study habits with their teachers, advisors, tutors, or coaches (“Coaches”). In order to provide our Services, we may collect different information from or about you, including:
- Voluntarily Disclosed Information
- When you use the Services, you will have the opportunity to provide us with some information directly. For example, Viinko’s application requires you to register for an account, where we ask you for your name, email address, and school name. We may also collect other information that you directly give us, or that your school provides us access to (such as a class schedule), as you build your profile, verify your identity on the Services, or use the Services.
- User Generated Content
- Certain parts of the Services allow you to upload or post content to Viinko’s platform (“User Content”). For example, Viinko’s application allows students and coaches to create, edit, post, or share notes, messages, and assignments. Please note that all of a student’s User Content can be viewed by their coach. Coaches may also choose to share their own User Content with students. You may post User Content at your sole discretion, with the acknowledgement that User Content may be viewable or viewed by others. Viinko recommends that you do not post any sensitive personal information as User Content.
- Automatically Collected Information
- When you interact with our Services, we automatically receive and record information from your browser or your device, including information that is transmitted as part of standard Internet traffic. This may include your IP address, what type of device and browser you’re using, the previous page you were on, and the page or feature you requested. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your device’s disclosure of information, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features.
- In order to keep you logged into the Services, Viinko may use “cookies,” or small files that Viinko can send to your browser for storage on your device. They make the use of these Services easier to navigate by saving preferences, remembering your login information, and recalling other aspects of your use of these Services. While most browsers allow you to disable cookies, we recommend that you leave cookies enabled so as not to interfere with the full functionality of these Services.
We may engage with third party service providers, such as Google Classroom and Google Analytics, that may collect information about you. Our partners may also transmit cookies to your browser when your browser renders. Please be aware that cookies placed by third parties may continue to track your activities online even after you have closed our application, and those third parties may not honor “Do Not Track” requests you have set using your browser or device.
- Use of Collected Information
Viinko uses the information collected as described above to provide Services to you, develop and maintain the Services, comply with legal obligations, and for any lawful purpose for which you provide consent.
For example, we may communicate with you via email or in-app notification to verify your account, notify you about certain activity on the Services, inform you of changes to our policies and procedures, or to otherwise facilitate the operation of the Services.
- Disclosure of Information
Viinko may disclose the information we collect in the following circumstances:
- Third-Party Services and Contractors
- Viinko may share information that we have collected from you to third parties for business purposes, including contractors, vendors, and partners, to help us deliver the Services to you. For example, we may use third-party services to host our web application and store user data. Any information shared for such purposes will be limited in accordance with the terms of this Policy. Please refer to the terms of service and privacy policies of our third-party service providers to learn more about how they protect your privacy.
- Third parties we may engage with include but are not limited to: Google Classroom and Google Analytics: https://policies.google.com/privacy; https://policies.google.com/terms
- Shared Information
- User Content, such as notes and messages, is made available on the Services. Please note that any information students submit can be viewed by coaches. Coaches may also choose to share information with students. Accordingly, only include information in such submissions that you are comfortable sharing with third parties.
- Business Transfers
- If Viinko is acquired by another company, goes into dissolution, or otherwise transfers ownership or assets, Viinko may transfer the information it has as part of that transaction.
- Aggregate Usage Information and Analytics
- We may de-identify your personal information so that you are not identified as an individual and use that information for any business purpose, including for analyzing usage information or to help identify new partners and companion services.
- Legal Compliance
- We reserve the right to access, read, and disclose any information that we believe in our sole discretion is necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Viinko, our employees, our users, or others.
- Data Security and Storage
Viinko has implemented measures designed to protect the security, integrity, and confidentiality of your personal information. We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other personal information we hold in our records and actively work to prevent unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors that could potentially compromise security of user information.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Certain parts of the Services are protected by a password, and it is your responsibility to keep that password confidential.
- Deletion of Information
You may request that we delete your account and your data from Viinko by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you request removal of your information you may be unable to continue to utilize the Services.
- FERPA School Official Exception
Viinko works with schools to collect, use, and maintain Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) from students under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (“FERPA”) school official exception. This exception permits Viinko to collect, use, and maintain student information because Viinko performs an institutional service or function for which the school would otherwise use employees.
- Viinko is under the direct control of the institution with respect to the use and maintenance of education records
- Viinko will use the PII only for authorized purposes
- Viinko will not disclose the PII without the prior consent of the parent, eligible student, or the school
- Viinko has a legitimate interest in reviewing education records in order to fulfill its professional responsibilities
- Parental Consent
We require that schools get parental consent before using Viinko with children who are under the age when they can grant consent on their own. In the US that age is younger than 13. Parents or guardians can withdraw consent for the further collection of their child’s information at any time. If you are aware Viinko is collecting information from a student without parental consent, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will delete the data.
- Changes to the Policy
- Contact Information